National Mining Assn
The National Mining Association (NMA), is a trade organization that lists itself as the voice of the mining industry in Washington, D.C. NMA was formed in 1995, and has more than 325 corporate members.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Mining Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Mining Assn $9,534,987
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Natural Resources,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.228 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.937 American Alternative Fuels Act of 2011 S.231 EPA Stationary Source Regulations Suspension Act H.R.2250 EPA Regulatory Relief Act of 2011 S.1113 Critical Minerals Policy Act of 2011 H.R.2011 National Strategic and Critical Minerals Policy Act of 2011 H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Mining Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Mining Assn
- Toggle 2 WCPO Regulations Implementing the Bryd Amendments to the Black Lung Benefits Act: Determining Coal Miners' and Survivors' Entitlement to Benefits 2012
- Toggle 1 OSM Pennsylvania Regulatory Program (PA-161-FOR) 2012
- Toggle 1 Cost Recovery for Permit Processing, Administration, and Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Revision of Fee Schedules; Fee Recovery for FY 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Revisions to the Regulations for Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Policy on Interpretation of the Phrase "Significant Portion of Its Range" 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 BLM Proposed Rule: Segregation of Lands—Renewable Energy 2011
- Toggle 1 Implementation of MARPOL Annex V Amendments 2012
- Toggle 1 MSHA Proposed Rule on Pattern of Violations 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Mining Assn
- Toggle 27 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 14 FDA Reconsider and Revoke the Orphan Drug Designation Granted to GeNO on June 18, 2012 for Nitric Oxide 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 6 FWS Policy on Interpretation of the Phrase "Significant Portion of Its Range" 2011
- Toggle 5 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 5 NRC Draft Regulatory Issue Summary Regarding Submittal of Amendments for Processing of Equivalent Feed at Licensed Uranium Recovery Facilities 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA 10th Conference on Air Quality Models 2012
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011