National Mining Assn
The National Mining Association (NMA), is a trade organization that lists itself as the voice of the mining industry in Washington, D.C. NMA was formed in 1995, and has more than 325 corporate members.
Campaign Finance$5,172,234 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Mining Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Mining Assn $49,659,988
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.228 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.937 American Alternative Fuels Act of 2011 H.R.699 Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2009 H.R.1689 Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 44 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Mining Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Mining Assn
- Toggle 4 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP); General Provisions: Amendments 2004
- Toggle 4 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) for 4 Area Source Categories 2006
- Toggle 2 COE Proposal to Reissue and Modify Nationwide Permits 2010
- Toggle 2 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 2 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration/Title V Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Change to the Reporting Date for Certain Data Elements Required Under the Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases Rule 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Non-attainment New Source Review (NSR): Routine Maintenance,Repair and Replacement 2002