National Meat Assn
National Meat Association (NMA) is a non-profit, industry trade association headquartered in Oakland, California. NMA was formed by the merger of Pacific Coast Meat Association, itself formed in 1948, and Western States Meat Packers Association which had launched in 1946 in San Francisco, California. NMA was once known as Western States Meat Association, but has since grown to national prominence with approximately 500 member companies. The association provides expert guidance and regulatory assistance to meat packers and processors. It has a biennial trade show called MEATXPO.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Meat Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Meat Assn $30,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Meat Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Meat Assn
- Toggle 1 FSIS Additional Changes to the Schedule of Operations Regulations. 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Notice of Availability and Opportunity for Comments (Establishment Guidance for the Selection of a Commercial and Private Microbiological Testing Laboratory) 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Update of the 2003 Interagency Quantitative Assessment of the Relative Risk to Public Health from Foodborne Listeria monocytogenes among Selected Categories of Ready-to-Eat Foods; Request for Comments, Scientific Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Notice of Request for a Revision of a Currently Approved Information Collection (Marking, Labeling, and Packaging) 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Compliance Guideline for Residue Prevention 2011
- Toggle 1 USDA Reducing Regulatory Burden; Retrospective Review under Executive Order 13563 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Meat Assn
- Toggle 3 FSIS Reducing Sodium in the Food Supply; Establishing Sodium Reduction Targets; Establishment of Dockets; Request for Comments, Data and Information 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Japan’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 FSIS Notice of Request for a Revision of a Currently Approved Information Collection (Marking, Labeling, and Packaging) 2011
- Toggle 2 FSIS Compliance Guideline for Residue Prevention 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 1 ITA Request for Public Comments Concerning Regulatory Cooperation Activities that Would Help Eliminate or Reduce Unnecessary Regulatory Divergences in North America that Disrupt U.S. Exports 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Poultry Slaughter Inspection 2011