National Grid USA
The National Grid is the high-voltage electric power transmission network in the United Kingdom, connecting power stations and major substations and ensuring that electricity generated anywhere in Great Britain can be used to satisfy demand elsewhere. There are also undersea interconnections to northern France (HVDC Cross-Channel), Northern Ireland (HVDC Moyle), and the Isle of Man (Isle of Man to England Interconnector).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Grid USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Grid USA $5,340,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1136 Executive Cyberspace Coordination Act of 2011 S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.298 Charging America Forward Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.559 Securing America's Future with Energy and Sustainable Technologies Act S.400 A bill to amend the Federal Power Act to ensure that rates and charges for electric energy are assessed in proportion to measurable reliability or economic benefit, and for other purposes. H.R.1367 Advanced Vehicle Technology Act of 2011 H.R.1573 To facilitate implementation of title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, promote regulatory coordination, and avoid market disruption.
RegulationsMentioned in 173 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Grid USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Grid USA
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Notice of Information Collection Activities 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2008-BT-STD-0006 & EERE-2009-BT-STD-0022) 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Information Collection Activities, Excess Flow Valve Census 2012
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Excess Flow Valves in Applications Other than Single Family Residences in Gas Distribution Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Grid USA
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 11 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
- Toggle 7 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 5 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 4 BOEM Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Assessment (EA) for Cape Wind Associates, LLC (CWA) Construction and Operations Plan (COP) 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA New Jersey & New York 8-hr Ozone Attainment Demonstrations 2012
- Toggle 4 PHMSA TPSSC AND THLPSSC Subcommittee for the Preparation of the “Pipeline Safety Report to the Nation” 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Regional Haze - OR - BART Revision & 110 Transport 2010 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Grid USA" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee