National Grid USA
The National Grid is the high-voltage electric power transmission network in the United Kingdom, connecting power stations and major substations and ensuring that electricity generated anywhere in Great Britain can be used to satisfy demand elsewhere. There are also undersea interconnections to northern France (HVDC Cross-Channel), Northern Ireland (HVDC Moyle), and the Isle of Man (Isle of Man to England Interconnector).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Grid USA
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Grid USA $4,790,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.774 National Energy Security Act of 2009 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009 H.R.1158 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 S.306 Biogas Production Incentive Act of 2009 S.271 Fuel Reduction using Electrons to End Dependence on the Mid-East (FREEDOM) Act of 2009 S.1408 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions H.R.445 Heavy Duty Hybrid Vehicle Research, Development, and Demonstration Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.539 Clean Renewable Energy and Economic Development Act S.433
RegulationsMentioned in 184 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Grid USA" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Grid USA
- Toggle 1 DOE Policy and Logistical Challenges to Smart Grid Implementation 2010
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Excavation Damage Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 EERE Petition of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to Exempt from Federal Preemption Massachusetts' 90% Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency Standard for Non-Weatherized Gas Furnaces 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA “Pipeline Safety: Miscellaneous Amendments to the Pipeline Safety Regulations” 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Grid USA
- Toggle 49 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 29 EPA National Priorities List, Notice of Proposed Rulemaking; Gowanus Canal 2009
- Toggle 25 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 16 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards 2009
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 13 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Meeting of Pipeline Safety Advisory Committees 2009
- Toggle 9 EPA EPA/NHTSA Joint Rulemaking to Establish Light-duty Vehicle GHG Emissions Standards and CAFE Standards for Model Year 2017 and Later 2010
- Toggle 9 EPA OK011 Oklahoma Regional Haze State Implementation Plan, Federal Implementation Plan for Interstate Transport of Pollution Affecting Visibility, and Best Available Retrofit Technology Determinations (OK-34) 2010
- Toggle 8 MMS Notice of Availability of the revised Documentation of Section 106 Finding of Adverse Effect for the proposed Cape Wind Energy Project. 2010
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Brambles Environmental, Inc. Et Al.||National Grid (+6 others)||2009||Colonie, Ny||$1,450,000|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Grid USA" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee