National Fisheries Institute
The National Fisheries Institute (NFI) is the United States industry trade group representing the seafood industry. It is a member of the International Coalition of Fisheries Associations (ICFA). Its member companies consist of all levels of business involved in seafood, from fishing vessel operators to seafood restaurants.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Fisheries Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Fisheries Institute $1,801,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.496 A bill to amend the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act to repeal a duplicative program relating to inspection and grading of catfish. H.R.4296 To amend the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act to repeal a duplicative program relating to inspection and grading of catfish. S.50 Commercial Seafood Consumer Protection Act H.R.4100 Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing Enforcement Act of 2011 H.R.4171 Freedom from Over-Criminalization and Unjust Seizures Act of 2012 S.510 Research of Alcohol Detection Systems for Stopping Alcohol-related Fatalities Everywhere Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 36 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Fisheries Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Fisheries Institute
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Domestic and Foreign Facility Reinspections, Recall, and Importer Reinspection User Fee Rates for Fiscal Year 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Voluntary Submission of Food/Feed Facility Profile Information 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 302. Voluntary Qualified Importer Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 303. Authority to Require Import Certifications for Food 2011
- Toggle 1 ITA Proposed Modification to Regulation Concerning the Revocation of Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Orders: 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for comments on SPS Measures 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR GENERALIZED SYSTEM OF PREFERENCES (GSP): NOTICE REGARDING THE INITIATION OF THE 2011 ANNUAL GSP PRODUCT AND COUNTRY ELIGIBILITY PRACTICES REVIEW AND DEADLINES FOR FILING PETITIONS 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments To Compile the National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Fisheries Institute
- Toggle 11 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Domestic and Foreign Facility Reinspections, Recall, and Importer Reinspection User Fee Rates for Fiscal Year 2012 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Section 303. Authority to Require Import Certifications for Food 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA FEIS/Amendment 10 to the Fishery Management Plan for Spiny Lobster in the Gulf of Mexico and South Atlantic 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Burden of FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Fee Amounts on Small Business; Establishment of Docket; Request for Comments and Information 2011
- Toggle 2 ETA Temporary Non-agricultural Employment of H-2B Aliens in the United States 2011
- Toggle 2 FSIS Food Source Attribution; Public Meeting 2011
- Toggle 1 USCBP FACA Meeting of December 7,2011 2011
- Toggle 1 NOAA Atlantic highly migratory species; Atlantic bluefin tuna quota quotas and Atlantic tuna fisheries management measures 2011
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Fisheries Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee