National Fisheries Institute
The National Fisheries Institute (NFI) is the United States industry trade group representing the seafood industry. It is a member of the International Coalition of Fisheries Associations (ICFA). Its member companies consist of all levels of business involved in seafood, from fishing vessel operators to seafood restaurants.
Campaign Finance$858,410 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Fisheries Institute
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Fisheries Institute $4,943,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Foreign Relations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.2740 IDEA Fairness Restoration Act S.496 A bill to amend the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act to repeal a duplicative program relating to inspection and grading of catfish. H.R.4296 To amend the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act to repeal a duplicative program relating to inspection and grading of catfish. S.50 Commercial Seafood Consumer Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 144 dockets; Submitted to 55 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Fisheries Institute" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Fisheries Institute
- Toggle 2 NOAA Notification of Receipt of a Petition for Rulemaking to Implement the Provisions of the Marine Mammal Protection Act for Swordfish Imports 2009
- Toggle 2 FSIS Mandatory Inspection of Farm-raised Catfish and Catfish Products 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Domestic and Foreign Facility Reinspections, Recall, and Importer Reinspection User Fee Rates for Fiscal Year 2012 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Automatic Identification System; Carriage Requirements for Vessels Outside Vessel Traffic Service Areas 2003
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2009
- Toggle 1 FSIS Nominations for Membership on the National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods (NACMCF) 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation for establishing import tolerances 2001
- Toggle 1 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Voluntary Submission of Food/Feed Facility Profile Information 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Product Tracing Systems for Food; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 DOL Notice of Initial Determination Updating the List of Products Requiring Federal Contractor Certification as to Forced/Indentured Child Labor Pursuant to Executive Order 13126 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Fisheries Institute
- Toggle 15 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 13 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA NPDES - Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2008
- Toggle 4 FSIS Mandatory Inspection of Farm-raised Catfish and Catfish Products 2008
- Toggle 4 FDA National Fisheries Institute and the Louisiana Dep of Agricu 1999
- Toggle 4 USCBP Monetary Guidelines for Setting Bond Amounts for Importations Subject to Enhanced Bonding Requirements 2006
- Toggle 3 FDA Decomposition & Histamine-Raw,Frozen Tuna & Mahi-Mahi; Avail 1995
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Domestic and Foreign Facility Reinspections, Recall, and Importer Reinspection User Fee Rates for Fiscal Year 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Concentrated Aquatic Animal Production Point Source Category 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA Requirements for Cooling Water Intake Structures at Phase III Facilities 2004
Advisory Committees7 people on 8 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Fisheries Institute" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Agency for International Development 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle International Development Cooperation Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee