National Fedn of Independent Business
The National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) is a lobbying organization with offices in Washington, D.C. USA, and in all 50 state capitals. NFIB claims a membership base of about 350,000, down from an excess of more than 600,000 members. NFIB's lobbying efforts are focused on the impact of current and proposed legislation on businesses, and professional practices at all levels of government, but primarily at the federal and state levels.
Campaign Finance$14,330,954 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Fedn of Independent Business
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Fedn of Independent Business $47,643,349
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Small Business,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1370 To repeal the annual fee on health insurance providers enacted by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. S.1049 Small Business Health Relief Act of 2011 S.1880 Jobs and Premium Protection Act H.R.527 Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act of 2011 H.R.12 Paycheck Fairness Act H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.1744 American Job Protection Act H.R.3765 Regulations From the Executive in Need of Scrutiny Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 S.20 American Job Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 149 dockets; Submitted to 32 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Fedn of Independent Business" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Fedn of Independent Business
- Toggle 2 OSHA OSHA Stakeholder Meeting 2010
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 CPSC Civil Penalty Factors 2009
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 OSHA Walking and Working Surfaces; Personal Protective Equipment (Fall Protection Systems) 2007
- Toggle 1 FWS Dunes Sagebrush Lizard 2010
- Toggle 1 DOS Exchange Visitor Program—Summer Work Travel 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Shared Responsibility for Employers Regarding Health Coverage 2013
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Accessibility of Web Information and Services of State and Local Government Entities and Public Accommodations 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Fedn of Independent Business
- Toggle 8 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 6 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities 2008
- Toggle 6 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 5 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 5 EPA NESHAP for Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boiler Area Sources 2006
- Toggle 5 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration/Title V Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Oil Pollution Prevention; Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plan Requirements - Amendments 2005
- Toggle 4 USCIS Changes to Requirements Affecting H-2B Nonimmigrants 2007
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Programs, and Exchanges: Essential Health Benefits in Alternative Benefit Plans, Eligibility Notices, Fair Hearing and Appeal Processes for Medicaid and Exchange Eligibility Appeals and Other Provisions Related to Eligibility and Enrollment for Exchanges, Medicaid and CHIP, and Medicaid Premiums and Cost Sharing (CMS-2334-P) 2013
Advisory Committees8 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Fedn of Independent Business" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Small Business Administration 3 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Labor 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee