National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
The National Electrical Manufacturers Association or NEMA is a U.S.-based association, which was created on September 1, 1926, when the Associated Manufacturers of Electrical Supplies and the Electric Power Club merged. It is headquartered in Rosslyn, Virginia. It sets many common standards used in electrical products among its over 400 members, and helps to develop and promote the International Electrotechnical Commission's standards in the U.S.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Electrical Manufacturers Assn $4,740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.262 A bill to repeal the excise tax on medical device manufacturers. H.R.675 Strengthening Medicare Anti-Fraud Measures Act of 2011 H.R.2104 Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility, and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Act of 2011 S.454 Strengthening Program Integrity and Accountability in Health Care Act of 2011 S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act S.398 Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 71 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Electrical Manufacturers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 6 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps 2011
- Toggle 3 EERE Alternative Efficiency Determination Methods and Alternate Rating Methods 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Light-Emitting Diode Lamps Test Procedure 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Compliance Date Regarding the Test Procedures for Walk In Coolers and Freezers and the Certification for Metal Halide Lamp Ballasts and Fixtures; Proposed Rule 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedures for Electric Motors 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 1 ITA Request for Public Comments Concerning Regulatory Cooperation Activities that Would Help Eliminate or Reduce Unnecessary Regulatory Divergences in North America that Disrupt U.S. Exports 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Treatment of “Smart” Appliances in Energy Conservation Standards and Test Procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 EERE Request for information pertaining to development of labeling requirements for covered commercial and industrial equipment 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA NRTL Program Directive Revision 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 12 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps 2011
- Toggle 9 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 7 EERE Alternative Efficiency Determination Methods and Alternate Rating Methods 2011
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedures for Electric Motors 2012
- Toggle 5 EERE Data Collection and Comparison with Forecasted Unit Sales of Five Lamp Types 2011
- Toggle 4 EERE Light-Emitting Diode Lamps Test Procedure 2011
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Test Procedure for Lighting Systems (Luminaires) 2011
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012