National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
The National Electrical Manufacturers Association or NEMA is a U.S.-based association, which was created on September 1, 1926, when the Associated Manufacturers of Electrical Supplies and the Electric Power Club merged. It is headquartered in Rosslyn, Virginia. It sets many common standards used in electrical products among its over 400 members, and helps to develop and promote the International Electrotechnical Commission's standards in the U.S.
Campaign Finance$590,904 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Electrical Manufacturers Assn $20,153,346
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.488 Save Our Medical Devices Act of 2011 H.R.734 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the medical device tax, and for other purposes. S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.262 A bill to repeal the excise tax on medical device manufacturers. S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 369 dockets; Submitted to 76 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Electrical Manufacturers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 14 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Commercial and Industrial Electric Motors 2010
- Toggle 11 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts Energy Conservation Standards [65FR56740] (EERE-1997-STD-0084) 2006
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Commercial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers Energy Conservation Standards [71FR44356] (EERE-2000-STD-0099) 2006
- Toggle 9 1995-05-16 Energy Efficiency Standards Test Procedures, Labeling, and Certification Reporting for Electric Motors (Includes Legacy IDs: EE-RM-95-400 and EE-RM-96-400) 2006
- Toggle 9 Modification of NRTL Scopes of Recognition 2013
- Toggle 8 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedures for Distribution Transformers [69FR45506] (EERE-1998-TP-0090) 2006
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps [71FR30834] (EE-2006-STD-0131) 2006
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 6 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Public Workshop on the Rulemaking Priority Setting for Appliance Standards Rulemaking Process [61FR28517] (EERE-2006-PS-0079) 2006
- Toggle 5 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Electrical Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 40 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 31 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Public Meeting and Availability of the Framework Document for Commercial and Industrial Electric Motors 2010
- Toggle 28 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Modification of the Hazardous Waste Program; Hazardous Waste Lamps; Final Rule 1999
- Toggle 20 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 19 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps 2011
- Toggle 18 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps [71FR30834] (EE-2006-STD-0131) 2006
- Toggle 17 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 17 EERE Petition of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association To Undertake Rulemaking To Exclude 120 Volt, 100 Watt R20 Short Lamps from Coverage of Energy Conservation Standards for Incandescent Reflector Lamps. Request for Stay of Enforcement Pending Rulemaking. 2010
- Toggle 16 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Commercial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers Energy Conservation Standards [71FR44356] (EERE-2000-STD-0099) 2006
- Toggle 15 EERE Request for information (RFI) regarding development of test procedures and efficiency standards and/or labels for commercial and industrial pumps 2011