National Cotton Council
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Cotton Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Cotton Council $890,000 Arizona Cotton Growers Assn $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.872 Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011 H.R.1633 Farm Dust Regulation Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2419 COMBAT PTSD Act H.R.4173 Prevent Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons and Stop War Through Diplomacy Act S.1528 Farm Dust Regulation Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.2707 Agricultural Trade Facilitation Act H.R.4157 Preserving America's Family Farms Act S.1619 Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act of 2011 H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.2419 Military Personnel War Zone Toxic Exposure Prevention Act
RegulationsMentioned in 52 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Cotton Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Cotton Council
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China’s Compliance with WTO Commitments 2011
- Toggle 1 Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Dicamba and Glufosinate Tolerant Cotton 2012
- Toggle 1 OPPM Guidelines for Designating Biobased Products for Federal Procurement 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Public Comments To Compile the National Trade Estimate Report on Foreign Trade Barriers 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Cotton Council
- Toggle 9 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 6 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 6 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 4 APHIS Monsanto Co.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean GE'd for Dicamba Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Improving Regulations: General 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Dicamba Use on Herbicide-Tolerant (MON 88701) Cotton. 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Dicamba Use on Dicamba-Tolerant Soybeans. Proposed use of Dicamba herbicide on MON 87708 Soybeans. 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Sulfoxaflor; Receipt of Application for Emergency Exemption, Solicitation of Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Stormwater Discharges from Forest Roads 2012
Advisory Committees5 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Cotton Council" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Commodity Futures Trading Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee