National Cattlemen's Beef Assn
National Cattlemen's Beef Association or NCBA, an advocacy group for beef producers in the United States, reports that it works "to increase profit opportunities for cattle and beef producers by enhancing the business climate and building consumer demand."
Campaign Finance$3,599,930 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Cattlemen's Beef Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Cattlemen's Beef Assn $3,990,526 Texas Cattle Feeders Assn $1,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1549 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2009 H.R.1996 Government Litigation Savings Act S.1061 Government Litigation Savings Act S.1129 Grazing Improvement Act of 2011 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act S.787 Clean Water Restoration Act H.R.509 To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide that Act shall not apply to the gray wolf (canis lupus). S.249 A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide that Act shall not apply to any gray wolf (Canis lupus). H.R.758 National Monument Designation Transparency and Accountability Act
RegulationsMentioned in 143 dockets; Submitted to 71 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Cattlemen's Beef Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Cattlemen's Beef Assn
- Toggle 4 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA New Animal Drugs; Cephalosporin Drugs; Extralabel Animal Drug Use; Order of Prohibition 2008
- Toggle 2 AMS Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling of Beef, Lamb, Pork, Fish, Perishable Agricultural Commodities, and Peanuts Unknown
- Toggle 2 Indo Import Licensing (DS455) 2013
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of Reference Values and Mandatory Nutrients; Extension of Comment Period 2008
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 FSIS Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli in Raw Non-intact Beef Products 2010
- Toggle 1 FSIS Nutrition Labeling of Single Ingredient Products and Ground or Chopped Meat and Poultry Products 2005
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 FSIS Product Labeling: Use of the Animal Raising Claims in the Labeling of Meat and Poultry Products 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Cattlemen's Beef Assn
- Toggle 62 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 58 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 23 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for Particulate Matter (PM) 2001
- Toggle 10 EPA Valuing Improved Water Quality in the Chesapeake Bay Using Stated Preference Methods 2012
- Toggle 10 Veterinary Oversight of Antimicrobial Use in Livestock: Impact on Stakeholders; Public Meetings; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 7 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 7 FDA Animal Proteins Prohibited in Ruminant Feed 2002
- Toggle 6 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 5 EPA Notice of Availability of Correspondence Regarding to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations 2005
- Toggle 5 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone 2005