National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) is the principal trade association for the U.S. cable industry, representing cable operators serving more than 90 percent of the nation’s cable households and more than 200 cable program networks, as well as equipment suppliers and providers of other services to the cable industry. Officially founded in 1952, NCTA's primary mission is to provide its members with a strong national presence by providing a single, unified voice on issues affecting the cable and telecommunications industry.
Campaign Finance$20,635,829 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Congressional Cmte $47,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Cable & Telecommunications Assn $151,130,000 Alliance for American Advertising $120,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act S.1670 Satellite Television Modernization Act of 2009 H.R.1804 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.968 PIPA H.R.1019 State Video Tax Fairness Act of 2009 S.911 SPECTRUM Act H.R.3570 Satellite Home Viewer Update and Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1343 To return unused or reclaimed funds made available for broadband awards in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 to the Treasury of the United States.
RegulationsMentioned in 42 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Cable & Telecommunications Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 2 RUS Rural Broadband Access Loans and Loan Guarantees Unknown
- Toggle 1 DOE Implementing the National Broadband Plan 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Proposed Determination of Set-top Boxes and Network Equipment as a Covered Consumer Product 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Cable & Telecommunications Assn
- Toggle 23 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 Copyright Office Fees: Cable and Satellite Statement of Account Fees 2013
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Competitive Acquisition for Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) and Other Issues 2006
- Toggle 1 FCC Video Description: Implementation of Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 FCC Assessment and Collection of Regulatory Fees For Fiscal Year 2006 2006
- Toggle 1 FTC Disclosures Regarding Energy Consumption and Water Use of Certain Home Appliances and Other Products, etc. 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 Accessibility of User Interfaces, and Video Programming Guides and Menus 2013
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Cable & Telecommunications Assn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Federal Communications Commission 2 people on 2 committees