National Audubon Society
The National Audubon Society (Audubon) is an American non-profit environmental organization dedicated to conservation. Incorporated in 1905, Audubon is one of the oldest of such organizations in the world and uses science, education and grassroots advocacy to advance its conservation mission. It is named in honor of John James Audubon, a Franco-American ornithologist and naturalist who painted, cataloged, and described the birds of North America in his famous book Birds of America published in sections between 1827 and 1838.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$626,609 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Audubon Society
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Audubon Society $1,070,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act S.433 (Unknown) H.R.2864 Water Resources Development Act of 2005 S.728 Water Resources Development Act of 2005 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.39 Udall-Eisenhower Arctic Wilderness Act H.R.553 Great Lakes Asian Carp Barrier Act H.R.889 Save American Energy Act H.R.969 (Unknown)
RegulationsMentioned in 426 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Audubon Society" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Audubon Society
- Toggle 5 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 3 FWS Threatened Status for the Rufa Red Knot 2013
- Toggle 3 BOEM Request for Information and Comments on the Preparation of the 2017-2022 Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2014
- Toggle 3 FWS Threatened Status for the Western Distinct Population Segment of the Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2013
- Toggle 2 DOS Comments received by the U.S. State Department on the Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone XL Project 2013
- Toggle 2 FWS Eagle Permits; Modifications to Regulations Governing Take to Protect Interests in Particular Localities 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Authorizations under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act for Take of Eagles 2008
- Toggle 2 FWS Endangered Status for Gunnison Sage-grouse 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Proposed Rule To List the Ozark Hellbender Salamander as Endangered 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Audubon Society
- Toggle 259 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 172 EPA Proposed Endangerment Finding for Greenhouse Gases under the Clean Air Act (CAA) 2009
- Toggle 45 EPA Industrial Combustion Coordinated Rulemaking FACA 2004
- Toggle 26 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 21 EPA Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on the Clean Water Act Regulatory Definition of "Waters of the United States" with the Joint Memorandum providing guidance. 2002
- Toggle 18 FWS Eagle Permits; Modifications to Regulations Governing Take to Protect Interests in Particular Localities 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA Proposed Determination to Restrict the Use of an Area as a Disposal Site; Pebble Deposit Area, Southwest Alaska 2014
- Toggle 14 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 14 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 14 FWS Pygmy Rabbit 2007
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|National Audubon Society||2009||U.S. Fish And Wildlife Service||ACE BASIN: EDISTO RIVER CORRIDOR PROTECTION III||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees17 people on 12 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Audubon Society" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 7 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 5 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 4 people on 2 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 2 committees