National Assn of Realtors
The National Association of Realtors (NAR), whose members are known as Realtors, is North America's largest trade association. representing over 1.2 million members (as reported November 2008), including NAR's institutes, societies, and councils, involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. NAR also functions as a self-regulatory organization for real estate brokerage. The President of NAR for 2010 is Vicki Cox Golder. The organization is headquartered in Chicago.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Gary MillerSupport $2,498,553 Brad ShermanSupport $1,497,067 Tom LathamSupport $764,425 Michael G. FitzpatrickSupport $740,420 Judy BiggertSupport $585,540 Gary PetersSupport $543,905 Tom ReedSupport $521,384 Marc VeaseySupport $259,088 Fred UptonSupport $34,440 David DewhurstSupport $33,745
Top Contributorstop donors giving over $100,000
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte $60,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Assn of Realtors
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Assn of Realtors $48,200,000 California Assn of Realtors $158,898
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1309 Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1754 Preserving Equal Access to Mortgage Finance Programs Act S.170 Helping Responsible Homeowners Act H.R.839 The HAMP Termination Act of 2011 H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.31 Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Accountability and Transparency for Taxpayers Act of 2011 H.R.1222 GSE Subsidy Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.1223 GSE Credit Risk Equitable Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1224 GSE Portfolio Risk Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.1225 GSE Debt Issuance Approval Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 64 dockets; Submitted to 20 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Assn of Realtors" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Assn of Realtors
- Toggle 9 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 3 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 3 CFPB Streamling Inherited Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Appraisals for Higher-Risk Mortgage Loans 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Senior Financial Exploitation 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulations N & O (Omnibus) Appropriations Act 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Assn of Realtors
- Toggle 41 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 30 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 14 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 7 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 7 HUD FR–5572–N–01 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Risk Management Initiatives: Revised Seller Concessions 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z); Loan Originator Compensation 2012
- Toggle 4 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 4 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB Streamling Inherited Regulations 2011