National Assn of Realtors
The National Association of Realtors (NAR), whose members are known as Realtors, is North America's largest trade association. representing over 1.2 million members (as reported November 2008), including NAR's institutes, societies, and councils, involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries. NAR also functions as a self-regulatory organization for real estate brokerage. The President of NAR for 2010 is Vicki Cox Golder. The organization is headquartered in Chicago.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Paul E. KanjorskiSupport $1,205,681 Bill FosterSupport $796,891 Edwin G. PerlmutterSupport $726,308 Ken CalvertSupport $606,236 Johnny IsaksonSupport $603,788 Joe DonnellySupport $587,058 Dave ReichertSupport $576,388 John H. AdlerSupport $573,729 Dennis CardozaSupport $526,058 Jim GerlachSupport $475,508
Top Contributorstop donors giving over $100,000
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Congressional Cmte $117,250 Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte Jerry Giovaniello $70,950 Steny H. Hoyer $40,750 National Republican Senatorial Cmte $22,000 Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte $17,300
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Assn of Realtors
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Assn of Realtors $36,887,000 California Assn of Realtors $170,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2483 Increasing Homeownership Opportunities Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.61 Helping Families Save Their Homes in Bankruptcy Act of 2009 S.979 SHOP Act H.R.83 Homeowners Insurance Protection Act of 2009 H.R.200 Helping Families Save Their Homes in Bankruptcy Act of 2009 H.R.587
RegulationsMentioned in 47 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Assn of Realtors" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Assn of Realtors
- Toggle 2 FINCEN Anti-Money Laundering Program and Suspicious Activity Report Requirements for Non-Bank Residential Mortgage Lenders and Originators 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 TREAS Public Input on Reform of the Housing Finance System 2010
- Toggle 1 FINCEN Anti-Money Laundering Program and Suspicious Activity Report Filing Requirements for Non-Bank Residential Mortgage Lenders and Originators 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage: Interim Final Rules for Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Assn of Realtors
- Toggle 10 HUD FR–5271–P–01 SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act: HUD Responsibilities Under the SAFE Act 2009
- Toggle 8 HUD FR–5352–A–01 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA): Strengthening and Clarifying RESPAs (Required Use) Prohibition 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA Lead; Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program for Public and Commercial Buildings 2010
- Toggle 4 TREAS Public Input on Reform of the Housing Finance System 2010
- Toggle 4 HUD Public Input on Reform of the Housing Finance System 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Revision to Stormwater Regulations to Address Discharges from Newly Developed and Redeveloped Sites 2009
- Toggle 3 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Coverage: Interim Final Rules for Relating to Status as a Grandfathered Health Plan under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 3 FINCEN Anti-Money Laundering Program and Suspicious Activity Report Requirements for Non-Bank Residential Mortgage Lenders and Originators 2009
- Toggle 3 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 3 HUD FR–5404–N–01 Federal Housing Administration Risk Management Initiatives: Reduction of Seller Concessions and New Loan-to-Value and Credit Score Requirements 2010