National Assn of Mortgage Brokers
The National Association of Mortgage Brokers, or NAMB is self-described as the "only national trade association representing the mortgage broker industry in the United States." It has a membership of 27.000 members and was founded in 1973. This organization states on their website that "NAMB members subscribe to a code of ethics and best lending practices that foster integrity, professionalism and confidentiality when working with consumers."
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's November 26, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Assn of Mortgage Brokers
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.587 Public Lands Service Corps Act of 2011 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.200 Inland Empire Perchlorate Ground Water Plume Assessment Act of 2011 H.R.1116 Respect for Marriage Act H.R.1726 Border Security Search Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.2467 FHA Enhanced Oversight Act of 2009 H.R.2483 Increasing Homeownership Opportunities Act H.R.2588 Housing Opportunity and Mortgage Equity Act of 2009 H.R.3044 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Assn of Mortgage Brokers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Assn of Mortgage Brokers
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Assn of Mortgage Brokers
- Toggle 6 CFPB Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z); Loan Originator Compensation 2012
- Toggle 3 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2012
- Toggle 2 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Appraisals for Higher-Risk Mortgage Loans 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Appraisals for Higher Risk Mortgage Loans 2012
- Toggle 1 HUD FR 5359–P–01 Equal Access to Housing in HUD Programs Regardless of Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Regulatory Flexibility Act (RFA) Section 610 Review of NPDES Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines Standards for CAFOs 2012