National Assn of Manufacturers
The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is an advocacy group headquartered in Washington, D.C. with 10 additional offices across the country. It describes itself as the nation’s largest industrial trade association, representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states.
Campaign Finance$17,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Assn of Manufacturers
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Assn of Manufacturers $17,360,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.321 Delisting Gray Wolves to Restore State Management Act of 2011 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 S.1049 Small Business Health Relief Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2401 Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on the Nation Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.5 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 112 dockets; Submitted to 32 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Assn of Manufacturers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Assn of Manufacturers
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Taxable Medical Devices 2012
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 DOE Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR US-EU Regulatory Compatability 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Andean Trade Preference Act 2012 Annual Review 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Assn of Manufacturers
- Toggle 15 FDA Reconsider and Revoke the Orphan Drug Designation Granted to GeNO on June 18, 2012 for Nitric Oxide 2012
- Toggle 7 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 5 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Draft Guidance on Identifying Waters Protected by the Clean Water Act 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 4 EPA Improving Regulations: General 2011
- Toggle 4 Review of Kraft Pulp Mills New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) 2012
- Toggle 3 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 3 USTR US-EU Regulatory Compatability 2012