National Assn of Convenience Stores
NACS is an international trade association representing the convenience and petroleum retailing industry.
Campaign Finance$9,133,900 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Assn of Convenience Stores
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Assn of Convenience Stores $32,677,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Food Industry,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act H.R.3043 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.3893 Gasoline for America's Security Act of 2005 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.314 Combat Meth Act of 2005 H.R.547 Advanced Fuels Infrastructure Research and Development Act H.R.800 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 H.R.1252 Federal Price Gouging Prevention Act H.R.1369 Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act
RegulationsMentioned in 93 dockets; Submitted to 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Assn of Convenience Stores" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Assn of Convenience Stores
- Toggle 2 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act Request for Comments (Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking) 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Food and Drug Administration Staff and Tobacco Retailers on Civil Money Penalties and No-Tobacco-Sale Orders for Tobacco Retailers; Availability. 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Approved Tobacco Retailer Training Program; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 AMS Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling of Beef, Lamb, Pork, Fish, Perishable Agricultural Commodities, and Peanuts Unknown
- Toggle 1 FDA Disclosure of Nutrient Content Information for Standard Menu Items Offered for Sale at Chain Restaurants or Similar Retail Food Establishments and for Articles of Food Sold from Vending Machines 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Assn of Convenience Stores
- Toggle 14 EPA On Board Vapor Recovery, Emission Regulations (Vehicles-Light Duty Trucks) 2004
- Toggle 10 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 8 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Widespread Use of Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery (ORVR) and Stage II Waiver 2010
- Toggle 6 Menthol in Cigarettes, Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2013
- Toggle 6 EPA NonRoad Diesel Tier 4 and NonRoad Diesel Tier 3 Technology Review. 2003
- Toggle 6 EPA Regulation to Mitigate the Misfueling of Vehicles and Engines with Gasoline Containing Greater than Ten Volume Percent Ethanol and Modifications to the Reformulated and Conventional Gasoline Programs 2010
- Toggle 5 OSHA ERGONOMICS 2006
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Hazardous Materials Transportation; Registration and Fee Assessment Program 1999
- Toggle 4 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone 2005