National Amusements, Inc. is a privately owned theatre company based in Dedham, Massachusetts, USA. The company was founded in 1936 as the Northeast Theatre Corporation by Michael Redstone.
Campaign Finance$5,091,698 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Amusements Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount CBS Corp $34,113,000 Viacom Inc $20,415,000 Alliance for American Advertising $40,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Computers & Information Tech,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 H.R.722 Say No to Drug Ads Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 S.911 SPECTRUM Act
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Amusements Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Amusements Inc
- Toggle 1 FDA To Take Action to Strengthen FDA Regulation of Controlled Prescription Drugs by Issuing a new Rule Mandating Classwide Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) for all Opioid Drugs 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2010
EPA Violations17 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||CBS Corp fka Viacom Inc fka Wesinghouse Electric (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Little Mississinewa River Unilateral Admin Order (Cercla)||Viacom Inc. (+1 others)||2005||Union City, In||$29,000,000|
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||V Iacom, Inc. (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|3m Company||CBS Corporation (f/k/a Viacom, Inc. and Westinghou (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||Viacom Inc. nka CBS Corp (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|City Of Newburgh Et Al.||CBS Corporation (+89 others)||2011||Newburgh, Ny||$12,764,875|
|Casmalia - De Minimis Aoc||CBS Corporation (+191 others)||2004||Casmalia, Ca||$11,900,000|
|Cooper Drum Superfund Site Uao For Rd/Ra||Viacom, Inc. (+42 others)||2009||South Gate, Ca||$9,066,848|
|3m Company Et Al.||VIACOM Inc. (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Westinghouse Electric (Sharon) Superfund Site||Viacom Inc (+2 others)||2003||Sharon, Pa||$5,500,000|