The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, usually abbreviated as NAACP, is one of the oldest and most influential civil rights organizations in the United States. Its mission is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination". Its name, retained in accordance with tradition, is one of the last surviving uses of the term colored people.
Campaign Finance$51,300 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Naacp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount NAACP $450,000 NAACP Legal Defense Fund $447,420
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3862 Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act of 2012 H.R.4078 Unfunded Mandates Information and Transparency Act of 2012 H.R.4607 Midnight Rule Relief Act of 2012 H.R.12 American Jobs Act of 2011 S.1549 American Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.5972 Department of Transportation Appropriations Act, 2013 S.4 Make America the World's Leader in Clean Energy Act H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.830 FHA Refinance Program Termination Act H.R.836 Emergency Mortgage Relief Program Termination Act
RegulationsMentioned in 82 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Naacp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Naacp
- Toggle 12 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Proposed priorities, requirements, definitions and selection criteria; Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) program 2012
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Supervisory Guidance on Deposit-Related Consumer Credit Products 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for comment on Payday Lending Hearing Transcript 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Naacp
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 13 HUD FR–5508–P–01 Implementation of the Fair Housing Acts Discriminatory Effects Standard 2011
- Toggle 13 National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 10 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
- Toggle 7 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 5 CFPB Regulation Z; Truth in Lending 2011
- Toggle 4 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 3 ED Proposed priorities, requirements, definitions and selection criteria; Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) program 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
Advisory Committees4 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Naacp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Commission on Civil Rights 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Education 1 person on 1 committee