Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ: MYL) is a global generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. In 2007, Mylan acquired a controlling interest in India-based Matrix Laboratories Limited, a top producer of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) for generic drugs, and the generics business of Germany-based Merck KGaA. Through these acquisitions, Mylan has grown from the third largest generic and pharmaceuticals company in the U.S. to the third largest generic and specialty pharmaceuticals company in the world. Mylan now has approximately 15,000 employees, more than 900 separate products, and serves customers in more than 140 countries and territories. Mylan has a global manufacturing of more than 45 billion doses.
Campaign Finance$1,303,125 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Mylan Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Mylan Inc $7,542,437 Mylan Laboratories $670,000 Mylan Laboratories $670,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 H.R.573 S.501 Fair Prescription Drug Competition Act S.4201 H.R.5501 Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008 H.R.6344 Responsive Government Act of 2008 S.1951 Fair Medicaid Drug Payment Act of 2007 S.2731 Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 65 dockets; Submitted to 12 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Mylan Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Mylan Inc
- Toggle 2 FDA Petition for Stay of Action Approval of the Application for High-Load, Matrix Design Duragesic® or any Other Fentanyl Transdermal Product That Contains a Substantially Higher Drug Load Than What is Currently on the Market 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Petition Concerning all Abbreviated New Drug Applications and Section 505(b)(2) New Drug Applications for Fosrenol® (Lanthanum Carbonate) 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Generic Drug User Fee; Public Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Special 301 FR notice 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Reservoir Systems for Transdermal Delivery 2005
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Biosimilars: Questions and Answers Regarding Implementation of the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Options for a User Fee Program for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Product Applications for Fiscal Years 2013 through 2017; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Mylan Inc
- Toggle 11 FDA Amlodipine Abbreviated New Drug Application Approvals 2007
- Toggle 8 FDA Not delist U.S. patent 4,879,303 (the 303 patent) for Norvasc amlodipine besylate product 2007
- Toggle 7 FDA Request all applicants for fentanyl transdermal systems conduct a study to support the safety of their fentanyl transdermal products 2006
- Toggle 5 FDA Petition for Stay of Action Approval of the Application for High-Load, Matrix Design Duragesic® or any Other Fentanyl Transdermal Product That Contains a Substantially Higher Drug Load Than What is Currently on the Market 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Risk Management Program for Fentanyl Products 2006
- Toggle 4 FDA Generic Drug User Fee; Public Meeting 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Petition Concerning all Abbreviated New Drug Applications and Section 505(b)(2) New Drug Applications for Fosrenol® (Lanthanum Carbonate) 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Request FDA not Approve or Accept for Filing any 505(b)(2) Application With References Copaxone (Glatiramer Acetate) Unless the Applicant Satifies all Conditions set Forth in This Petition. 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Not to Grant Final ANDA Approval for any Generic Versions of Toprol-XL, Metoprolol Succinate Extended-Release Tablets (metoprolol) 50, mg 2007
- Toggle 2 FDA Ramipril Capsules and 180-day generic drug exclusivity 2007
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.