Mutual of Omaha
Mutual of Omaha is a Fortune 500 mutual insurance and financial services company based in Omaha, Nebraska. The company was founded in 1909 as Mutual Benefit Health and Accident Association.
Campaign Finance$4,478,522 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Mutual of Omaha
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Mutual of Omaha $11,566,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Economics & Econ Development
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.2682 Long-Term Care and Retirement Security Act of 2005 S.1244 Long-Term Care and Retirement Security Act of 2005 H.R.87 To repeal the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. H.R.1173 Fiscal Responsibility and Retirement Security Act of 2011 S.720 Repeal the CLASS Entitlement Act H.R.976 Long-Term Care Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 70 dockets; Submitted to 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Mutual of Omaha" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Mutual of Omaha
- Toggle 2 OTS Risk-Based Capital Standards: Advanced Capital Adequacy Framework--Basel II; Establishment of a Risk-Based Capital Floor 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Risk-Based Capital Guidelines; Revising Transitional Floors for Advanced Approaches Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 Community Reinvestment Act Questions & Answers 2013
- Toggle 1 OCC Incentive-Based Compensation Arrangements 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Mutual of Omaha
- Toggle 7 CMS Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System for Fiscal Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 7 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System for CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to the Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System and CY 2011 Payment Rates; Changes to Payments to Hospitals for Certain Inpatient Hospital Services and for Graduate Medical Education Costs; and Changes to Physician Self-Referral Rules and Related Changes to Provider Agreement Regulations 2010
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 3 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities 2008
- Toggle 3 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012