Muscular Dystrophy Assn
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is an American organization which combats muscular dystrophy and diseases of the nervous system and muscular system in general by funding research, providing medical and community services, and educating health professionals and the general public. The organisation was founded in 1950 as the Muscular Dystrophy Associations of America, renamed to its present name in the 1970s.
Campaign Finance$2,500 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Muscular Dystrophy Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Muscular Dystrophy Assn $680,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.606 Creating Hope Act of 2011 H.R.1041 Fairness in Medicare Bidding Act H.R.3423 ABLE Act of 2011 S.1872 ABLE Act of 2011 H.R.4132 FAST Act S.2113 Transforming the Regulatory Environment to Accelerate Access to Treatments H.R.3059 Creating Hope Act of 2011 H.R.4156 Expanding and Promoting Expertise in Review of Rare Treatments Act of 2012 H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012 S.2281 Expanding and Promoting Expertise in Rare Treatments Act of 2012