Murphy Oil Corporation NYSE: MUR is a petroleum corporation. It is an S&P; 500 company. In 2009, it was ranked as the 92nd largest company in America on the Fortune 500. Corporate headquarters are in El Dorado, Arkansas.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Murphy Oil
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Murphy Oil $1,840,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Natural Resources,
- Foreign Relations,
- Automotive Industry,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1229 Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act H.R.1230 Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act H.R.1231 Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act S.917 Outer Continental Shelf Reform Act of 2011 S.516 Lease Extension and Secure Energy Act of 2011 S.916 Oil and Gas Facilitation Act of 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.228 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act S.231 EPA Stationary Source Regulations Suspension Act S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Murphy Oil" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Murphy Oil
- Toggle 3 Annual Standards under the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) Program 2012
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Wisconsin Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Settlement Agreement in Concerned Citizens Around Murphy v. Jackson, No. 10-cv-04444 (E.D. LA) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NESHAP for Primary Aluminum Production Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 2 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Murphy N-09602 Initial Development Operations Coordinations Document 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Petrobas S7493 Supplemental DOCDC 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.