Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council, or MIC, is a not-for-profit, national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV parts and accessories and members of allied trades, located in Irvine, California. The MIC was incorporated in 1970, but the association has roots extending back to the early days of motorcycling when it existed under other names since 1914.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Motorcycle Industry Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Motorcycle Industry Council $320,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 H.R.1505 National Security and Federal Lands Protection Act H.R.1996 Government Litigation Savings Act S.407 National Monument Designation Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011 S.1087 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 H.R.4109 Los Padres Conservation and Recreation Act of 2012 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.2584 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 24 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Motorcycle Industry Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Motorcycle Industry Council
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Feasibility of New Approaches for the Regulation of Motor Vehicle Lighting Performance 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Support Material for Quiet Vehicle Alert Sound Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Coral Pink Sand Dunes Tiger Beetle Proposed Threatened Status and Designation of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plan; Arizona; Motor Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance Program for the Phoenix Metropolitan Area 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Early Warning Reporting, Foreign Defect Reporting, and Motor Vehicle and Equipment Recall Regulations 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare Environmental Assessment for Pedestrian Safety Enhancement 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Motorcycle Industry Council
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Support Material for Quiet Vehicle Alert Sound Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA California State Nonroad Engine Pollution Control; Off-Highway Recreational Vehicles and Engines; New and Within the Scope Requests 2012
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Granting Petition for Rulemaking for FMVSS 108 2011
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Early Warning Reporting, Foreign Defect Reporting, and Motor Vehicle and Equipment Recall Regulations 2012
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Motorcycle Helments 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Coral Pink Sand Dunes Tiger Beetle Proposed Threatened Status and Designation of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare Environmental Assessment for Pedestrian Safety Enhancement 2011
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Instrumented On-Road Study of Motorcycle Riders 2011
- Toggle 1 FAR Federal Acquisition Regulation; FAR Case 2011-001; Organizational Conflicts of Interest 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Revising Underground Storage Tank Regulations - Revisions to existing requirements and new requirements for secondary containment and operator training 2011