Motorcycle Industry Council
The Motorcycle Industry Council, or MIC, is a not-for-profit, national trade association representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV parts and accessories and members of allied trades, located in Irvine, California. The MIC was incorporated in 1970, but the association has roots extending back to the early days of motorcycling when it existed under other names since 1914.
Campaign Finance$18,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Motorcycle Industry Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Motorcycle Industry Council $2,520,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Government Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1581 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 H.R.765 Nellis Dunes National Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area Act of 2009 H.R.1505 National Security and Federal Lands Protection Act H.R.1996 Government Litigation Savings Act H.R.4589 S.407 National Monument Designation Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011 S.1087 Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 S.2999 H.R.146 Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 H.R.1016
RegulationsMentioned in 106 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Motorcycle Industry Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Motorcycle Industry Council
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Rewrite of FMVSS No. 108 - Final Rule 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA Testing Procedures for Highway and Non-Road Engines and Omnibus Technical Amendments (2005 Final rule) 2004
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Feasibility of New Approaches for the Regulation of Motor Vehicle Lighting Performance 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Early Warning Reporting 2006
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Support Material for Quiet Vehicle Alert Sound Rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Rulemaking Petition 2005
- Toggle 1 FHWA Reclassification of Motorcycles (Two or Three Wheeled Vehicles) in the Guide to Reporting Highway Statistics 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Coral Pink Sand Dunes Tiger Beetle Proposed Threatened Status and Designation of Critical Habitat 2012
- Toggle 1 Certificates of Compliance 2013
- Toggle 1 USTR Section 301 EC Beef Hormones Dispute 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Motorcycle Industry Council
- Toggle 27 EPA Control of Emissions From Spark-Ignition Marine Vessels and Highway Motorcycles; Proposed Rule 2002
- Toggle 21 EPA Control of Emissions from Non-Road Large Spark-Ignition (SI) Engines, Recreational Engines (Marine and Land-Based), and Highway Motorcycles. 2001
- Toggle 15 EPA Testing Procedures for Highway and Non-Road Engines and Omnibus Technical Amendments (2005 Final rule) 2004
- Toggle 14 EPA Notice of Receipt of a Request for a Clean Air Act Waiver to Increase the Allowable Ethanol Content of Gasoline to 15 Percent 2009
- Toggle 11 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Standards Enforcement and Defect Investigation - Defect and Noncompliance Reports - Record Retention - Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2001
- Toggle 11 EPA Motor Vehicle and Engine Compliance Program Fees for: Light-Duty Vehicles; Light-Duty Trucks; Heavy-Duty Vehiclesand Engines; Nonroad Engines and Motorcycles 2002
- Toggle 11 EPA Control of Emissions From Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines, Vessels, and Equipment 2004
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Rewrite of FMVSS No. 108 - Final Rule 2007
- Toggle 6 EPA Motor Vehicle and Engine Compliance Program Fees for: Light-Duty Vehicles; Light-Duty Trucks; Heavy-Duty Vehicles and Engines; Nonroad Engines; and Motorcycles. 2003
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking and Support Material for Quiet Vehicle Alert Sound Rulemaking 2011