MillerCoors is a joint venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors Brewing Company, announced on October 9, 2007. The joint venture has the responsibility of selling brands such as Miller Lite, Miller High Life, Miller Genuine Draft, Coors, Coors Light, Molson Canadian, and Blue Moon (beer) in the United States, with the purpose of combining all of their US brewing operations to better compete against Anheuser-Busch InBev. The company is also tasked with brewing brands of beer and lager that are owned by Pabst Brewing Company.
Campaign Finance$789,482 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of MillerCoors LLC
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MillerCoors LLC $10,842,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Beverage Industry,
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1236 Small BREW Act S.534 Brewer's Employment and Excise Relief Act of 2011 H.R.1799 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2009 H.R.1836 Payroll Tax Holiday Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.977 Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2009 S.1058 Brewers Excise and Economic Relief Act of 2009 H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.1611 Clean Energy Business Zone Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "MillerCoors LLC" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for MillerCoors LLC
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Approval South Coast Rule 317 submitted April 22 2011 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 1 EPA Supplemental Guidance for SIP Submissions to Meet the Requirements for Section 110(a)(1) of the CAA for the SO2 NAAQS 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA NESHAP for Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Boiler Area Sources 2006