The Miller Brewing Company is an American beer brewing company. Its headquarters are located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and the company has brewing facilities in Albany, Georgia, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, Eden, North Carolina, Fort Worth, Texas, Irwindale, California, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Trenton, Ohio. On 1 July 2008 the MillerCoors company was formed as a joint venture with rival Molson Coors to consolidate the production and distribution of its products in the United States with each parent company's corporate operations and international operations remaining separate and independent of the joint venture.
Campaign Finance$1,109,598 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Miller Brewing
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Miller Brewing $6,685,676
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Beverage Industry,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Food Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1610 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 S.1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 S.1567 S.1639 Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1348 NIDA and NIAAA Name Redesignation Act H.R.3612 Local Law Enforcement Restoration Act S.1011 Recognizing Addiction as a Disease Act of 2007 S.1893 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Miller Brewing" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Miller Brewing
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Miller Brewing
- Toggle 8 EPA Georgia Regional Haze 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA TX063 Texas Revisions to the Dallas-Fort Worth Area Eight-Hour Ozone Attainment Demonstration State Implementation Plan, submitted to EPA May 30, 2007 (TX-242, DFW SIP) 2007
- Toggle 4 TTB Labeling and Advertising of Wines, Distilled Spirits and Malt Beverages (Serving Facts Labeling) 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Standards of Performance for Coal Preparation Plants 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA Proposed Approval South Coast Rule 317 submitted April 22 2011 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
EPA Violations3 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Peak Oil Superfund Site (De Minimis Aoc)||Miller Brewing Co. (+310 others)||2002||Tampa, Fl||$2,421,038|
|Basf Corp.||Miller Brewing Co. (+20 others)||2003||Edgewater, Nj||$2,000,000|
|Amber Oil Company Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Miller Brewing Company (+54 others)||2004||Milwaukee, Wi||$1,015,000|