MidAmerican Energy Company is an energy company based in Des Moines, Iowa. Its service area includes almost two-thirds of Iowa, as well as portions of South Dakota and Illinois. Its territory is wholly encompassed by the territory of the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator. Major cities in MidAmerican Energy's service territory are Des Moines]], Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and the Quad Cities.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Midamerica Energy Holdings
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MidAmerican Energy $2,686,898
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.699 Department of Energy Carbon Capture and Sequestration Program Amendments Act of 2011 S.1220 Fulfilling U.S. Energy Leadership Act of 2011 S.400 A bill to amend the Federal Power Act to ensure that rates and charges for electric energy are assessed in proportion to measurable reliability or economic benefit, and for other purposes. H.R.1573 To facilitate implementation of title VII of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, promote regulatory coordination, and avoid market disruption. S.706 3-D, Domestic Jobs, Domestic Energy, and Deficit Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.872 Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act of 2011 H.R.2682 Business Risk Mitigation and Price Stabilization Act of 2012 S.757 Carbon Dioxide Capture Technology Prize Act of 2011 S.1061 Government Litigation Savings Act H.R.500 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the manufacturer limitation on the number of new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles eligible for credit.
RegulationsMentioned in 155 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Midamerica Energy Holdings" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Midamerica Energy Holdings
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety Excess Flow Valves in Applications Other than Single Family Residences in Gas Distribution Systems 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Safety of Gas Transmission Pipelines 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Endangered Status for Gunnison Sage-grouse 2012
- Toggle 1 FWS Changes in the Regulations Governing Eagle Permitting 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Midamerica Energy Holdings
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Programs; State of Utah; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Nebraska; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan; Federal Implementation Plan for Best Available Retrofit Technology Determination 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Iowa Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Wyoming; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA BHP Billiton OCS Permit (OCS-EPA-R4008) 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Midamerica Energy Holdings" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee