MidAmerican Energy Company is an energy company based in Des Moines, Iowa. Its service area includes almost two-thirds of Iowa, as well as portions of South Dakota and Illinois. Its territory is wholly encompassed by the territory of the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator. Major cities in MidAmerican Energy's service territory are Des Moines]], Sioux City, Sioux Falls, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and the Quad Cities.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Midamerica Energy Holdings
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MidAmerican Energy $5,846,019
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Clean Air & Water,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.2744 Carbon Dioxide Capture Technology Act of 2009 S.3464 Practical Energy and Climate Plan Act of 2010 H.R.1409 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.560 Employee Free Choice Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.2811 Migratory Bird Treaty Act Penalty and Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.4149
RegulationsMentioned in 180 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Midamerica Energy Holdings" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Midamerica Energy Holdings
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Excavation Damage Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 PHMSA “Pipeline Safety: Miscellaneous Amendments to the Pipeline Safety Regulations” 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Midamerica Energy Holdings
- Toggle 39 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 30 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 24 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 22 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 17 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 10 EPA OK011 Oklahoma Regional Haze State Implementation Plan, Federal Implementation Plan for Interstate Transport of Pollution Affecting Visibility, and Best Available Retrofit Technology Determinations (OK-34) 2010
- Toggle 6 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 4 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration/Title V Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
Federal Spending3 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Midamerican Energy Company||2010||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||NATURAL GAS UTILITIES FROM 1358 EXPRESS REPORT||$2,077,497|
|Midamerican Energy Company||2009||REPLACE AND INSTALL TRANSFORMER||$1,459,018|
|Midamerican Energy Company||2010||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||"EXPRESS REPORT" UTILITIES FOR VA MEDICAL CENTER||$1,038,405|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Midamerica Energy Holdings" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees