Coordinates: 47°38′22.55″N 122°7′42.42″W / 47.6395972°N 122.12845°W / 47.6395972; -122.12845
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Microsoft Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Microsoft Corp $17,900,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Science & Technology,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2272 PACE-Energy Act H.R.2138 Investment in America Act of 2007 S.1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1639 Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1645 Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy Act of 2007 S.41 Research Competitiveness Act of 2007 H.R.1 Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007 H.R.5882
RegulationsMentioned in 3740 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Microsoft Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Microsoft Corp
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedures for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies (Standby Mode and Off Mode) and for Multiple Voltage External Power Supplies Power Supplies 2008
- Toggle 1 ETA Labor Certification Process and Enforcement for Temporary Employment in Occupations Other Than Agriculture or Registered Nursing in the United States (H–2B Workers), and Other Technical Changes 2008
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Microsoft Corp
- Toggle 947 EPA Draft EPA/Army Guidance Regarding CWA Jurisdiction after Rapanos 2007
- Toggle 782 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 769 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 461 EPA Drinking Water: Preliminary Regulatory Determination on Perchlorate 2008
- Toggle 352 EPA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Identification of Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials That Are Solid Waste 2008
- Toggle 346 SSA Compassionate Allowances 2007
- Toggle 306 OSM Excess Spoil, Coal Mine Waste, and Buffers for Waters of the United States 2007
- Toggle 283 DOT Standard Time Zone Boundary in Southwest Indiana 2007
- Toggle 264 EPA Development of CWA NPDES Permits for Discharges Incidental to Normal Operation of a Vessel 2007
- Toggle 247 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
Federal Spending8 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Microsoft Corporation||2008||MICROSOFT SERVICES - MOD TO EX. OPTION 4||$8,712,643|
|Microsoft Corporation||2007||MICROSOFT SERVICES -||$7,501,423|
|Microsoft Corporation||2007||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||MICROSOFT SOFTWARE||$6,082,347|
|Microsoft Corporation||2008||MOD TO FULLY FUND OPTION PERIOD FOUR||$4,375,985|
|Microsoft Corporation||2008||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||MICROSOFT SOFTWARE||$2,601,570|
|Microsoft Corporation||2008||Bureau Of Customs And Border Protection||MICROSOFT||$2,601,570|
|Microsoft Corporation||2008||MOD TO ADD SOW TASK 7.2.C.5||$1,447,583|
|Microsoft Corporation||2007||U.S. Coast Guard||CONSULTING/TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES||$1,243,383|
Advisory Committees73 people on 32 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Microsoft Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 54 people on 12 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 5 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Office of Science and Technology Policy 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee