Miami University (of Ohio)
Coordinates: 39°30′43″N 84°44′05″W / 39.511905°N 84.734674°W / 39.511905; -84.734674
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Miami University (of Ohio)
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Miami University (of Ohio) $1,372,700
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.359 Student Debt Relief Act of 2007 H.R.2892 Homeland Security and and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3288 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3293 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1298 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 152 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Miami University (of Ohio)" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Miami University (of Ohio)
- Toggle 10 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
- Toggle 2 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Petition to List All Live Amphibians in Trade as Injurious Unless Free of Bd 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Pesticide Product; Registration Applications 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Miami University (of Ohio)
- Toggle 11 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
- Toggle 10 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 7 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 5 FWS None 2013
- Toggle 5 EPA Selected Issues Associated with the Risk Assessment Process for Pesticides with Persistent, Bioaccumulative and Toxic Characteristics 2008
- Toggle 4 EPA Effluent Guidelines and Standards for the Airport Deicing Category 2004
- Toggle 4 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 4 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Information on GHG emissions associated with bioenergy and other biogenic sources 2010
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Miami University (of Ohio)" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee