The Methodist Hospital is a hospital located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas. Established in 1919 as an outreach ministry of The United Methodist Church, Methodist is one of the most comprehensive teaching hospitals in the United States, with leading specialists in every field of medicine. The hospital has consistently ranked as "One of America's Best Hospitals" according to U.S. News and World Report. The hospital has earned worldwide recognition in multiple specialties including cardiovascular surgery, cancer and epilepsy treatment and organ transplatation.
Campaign Finance$290,725 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Methodist Hospital
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.855 Enhancing Safety in Medicine Utilizing Leading Advanced Simulation Technologies to Improve Outcomes Now Act of 2009 S.616 Enhancing Safety in Medicine Utilizing Leading Advanced Simulation Technologies to Improve Outcomes Now Act of 2009 S.3686 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.1216 To amend the Public Health Service Act to convert funding for graduate medical education in qualified teaching health centers from direct appropriations to an authorization of appropriations. S.1599 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.1586 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 172 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Methodist Hospital" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Methodist Hospital
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc., British Airways Plc, Finnair Oyj, Iberia Lineas Aereas de Expana, S.A. and Royal Jordanian Airlines - Approval of and Antirust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Devices: Neurological Devices; Electroconvulsive Therapy Device; Establishing a Public Docket 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Food Labeling; Gluten-Free Labeling of Foods 2005
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA INDOOR AIR QUALITY - Part 3 of 6 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff Safety Considerations for 510k Submissions to Mitigate the Risks of Misconnections with Small-bore Connectors Intended for Enteral Applications Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies for Certain Opioid Drugs; Notice of Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA General & Plastic Surgery Devices; Reclassification of the Absorbable Hemostatic Device 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Methodist Hospital
- Toggle 130 FRA Environmental Review of Dakota Minnesota & Eastern Railroad Powder River Expansion Project Loan Application 2006
- Toggle 51 CMS Announcement of Application from Hospital Requesting Waiver for Organ Procurement Service Area 2012
- Toggle 15 EPA Amendment to the Universal Waste Rule: Addition of Pharmaceuticals 2007
- Toggle 12 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 9 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Outpatient PPS and CY 2007 Rates; Proposed CY 2007 Update to the ASC Covered Procedures List; and Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 8 OSHA TUBERCULOSIS 2006
- Toggle 8 OSHA TUBERCULOSIS 2006
- Toggle 7 FDA Public Disclosure Materials for Emergency Research Studies Conducted under 21 CFR 50.24 1995
- Toggle 5 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 5 CY 2014 Hospital Outpatient PPS Policy Changes and Payment Rates, and CY 2014 Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System Policy Changes and Payment Rates CMS-1601-P 2013
Advisory Committees11 people on 11 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Methodist Hospital" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 8 people on 8 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee