Medical Device Manufacturers Assn
Campaign Finance$65,522 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Medical Device Manufacturers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Medical Device Manufacturers Assn $2,997,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009 S.2499 Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP Extension Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.2221 Transparency in Medical Device Pricing Act of 2007 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 74 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Medical Device Manufacturers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Medical Device Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Parallel Review of Medical Products by the FDA and CMS Agencies: Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HHS 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Unique Device Identification; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 HHSIG Waiver Designs in Connection with the Medicare Shared Savings Program and Innovation Center 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Clearance Process; Institute of Medicine Report: “Medical Devices and the Public’s Health, The FDA 510(k) Clearance Process at 35 Years;” Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials Revision to Requirements for the Transportation Lithium Batteries 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Good Reprint Practices for the Distribution of Medical Journal Articles and Medical or Scientific Reference Publications on Unapproved New Uses of Approved Drugs and Approved or Cleared Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff; Total Product Life Cycle: Infusion Pump – Premarket Notification (510(k)) Submissions; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Working Group Preliminary Report and Recommendations; Availability for Comment 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Medical Device Manufacturers Assn
- Toggle 6 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act of 2002 2002
- Toggle 5 510(k) Device Modifications: Deciding When to Submit a 510(k) for a Change to an Existing Device; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2013
- Toggle 4 FDA Unique Device Identification 2006
- Toggle 4 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Working Group Preliminary Report and Recommendations; Availability for Comment 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Strengthening the Center for Devices and Radiological Health’s 510(k) Review Process; Public Meeting; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Resolving scientific disputes concerning regulation Medical 1999
- Toggle 3 FDA Third Annual Stakeholder Meeting on the Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act of 2002; Public Meeting 2005
- Toggle 2 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Medical Device Labeling Regulations 2004
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008