Medco Health Solutions
Medco Health Solutions, Inc (NYSE: MHS) is a health care company currently serving the needs of more than 65 million people. Medco provides pharmacy services for private and public employers, health plans, labor unions, government agencies, and individuals served by Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans. Medco is a member of the S&P; 500 and is ranked number 35 on the Fortune 500 list, with 2009 revenues of more than $59.8 billion.
Campaign Finance$6,446,275 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Harry Reid $27,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Medco Health Solutions
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Medco Health Solutions $18,704,589
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.971 Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2007 S.885 Community Pharmacy Fairness Act of 2007 S.242 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2007 S.251 Pharmaceutical Market Access Act of 2007 H.R.1474 Fair and Speedy Treatment (FAST) of Medicare Prescription Drug Claims Act of 2007 H.R.2914 Medicare IVIG Access Act of 2007 H.R.2567 Medicare Home Infusion Therapy Coverage Act of 2007 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.273 Prescription Drug and Health Improvement Act of 2007 S.980 Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 84 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Medco Health Solutions" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Medco Health Solutions
- Toggle 2 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Planning and Establishment of State-Level Exchanges: Request for Comments Regarding Exchange-Related Provisions in Title I of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS HITECH Accounting of Disclosures Request for Information 2010
- Toggle 1 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 DEA Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances 2008
- Toggle 1 HRSA Exclusion of Orphan Drugs for Certain Covered Entities under 340B Program 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
- Toggle 1 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Medco Health Solutions
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Proposed Changes; Considering Changes to the Conditions of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities 2011
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
- Toggle 4 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 4 FDA Approval Pathway for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Stay approval of any and all supplements to Lotrel concerning amlodipine and pediatric exclusivity 2007
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Drug Benefit Effective CY 2006 (Title I) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicaid Prescription Drugs Average Manufacture Price 2010
- Toggle 3 HHS Guidance Specifying the Technologies and Methodologies That Render Protected Health Information Unusable, Unreadable, or Indecipherable to Unauthorized Individuals for Purposes of the Breach Notification Requirements Under Section 13402 of the HITECH Act; Request for Information 2009
- Toggle 2 HHS Breach Notification Interim Final Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 CMS Standards for E-Prescribing Under Medicare Part D 2010
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Medco Health Solutions Inc||2000||$167,000,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Medco Health Solutions" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 9 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee