Campaign Finance$4,537,956 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of McKesson Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount McKesson Corp $12,099,438 US Oncology $180,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Beverage Industry,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1392 (Unknown) S.1221 (Unknown) H.R.905 To amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security Act to exclude customary prompt pay discounts from manufacturers to wholesalers from the average sales price for drugs and biologicals under Medicare. S.80 Pharmaceutical Market Access Act of 2009 S.1232 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 S.733 A bill to amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security Act to exclude customary prompt pay discounts from manufacturers to wholesalers from the average sales price for drugs and biologicals under Medicare. H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.525 Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 S.301 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 130 dockets; Submitted to 33 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McKesson Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for McKesson Corp
- Toggle 3 FDA Unique Device Identification 2006
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Technologies for Prescription Drug Identification, Track and Trace, or Authentication; Request for Information 2008
- Toggle 2 LMSO Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act; Interpretation of the "Advice" Exemption 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Meaningful use of Healthcare Information Technology 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Determination of System Attributes for the Tracking and Tracing of Prescription Drugs; Public Workshop 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Standards for the Interoperable Exchange of Information for Tracing of Human, Finished, Prescription Drugs, in Paper or Electronic Format; Request for Comments 2014
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McKesson Corp
- Toggle 5 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 5 HHS Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act (FDASIA): Request for Comments on the Development of a Risk-Based Regulatory Framework and Strategy for Health Information Technology 2013
- Toggle 4 HHS Establishment of Certification Programs for Health Information Technology 2010
- Toggle 4 HHS Health Information Technology: Initial Set of Standards, Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria for Electronic Health Record Technology 2010
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies under the Physician Fee Schedule, Clinical Laboratory Fee Schedule, Access to Identifiable Data for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation Models & Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2015. (CMS-1612-P) 2014
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Electronic Health Record Incentive Program 2009
- Toggle 4 CMS Advancing Interoperability and Health Information Exchange (CMS-0038-NC) 2013
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 3 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
Federal Spending1,487 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|McKesson Corporation||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$456,812,865|
|McKesson Corporation||2009||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT PHARMACY PRIME VENDOR||$327,435,179|
|McKesson Corporation||2009||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT PHARMACY PRIME VENDOR||$271,885,818|
|McKesson Corporation||2009||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT PHARMACY PRIME VENDOR||$267,169,658|
|McKesson Corporation||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$260,211,405|
|McKesson Corporation||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$240,848,016|
|McKesson Corporation||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$232,789,594|
|McKesson Corporation||2011||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$224,951,888|
|McKesson Corporation||2009||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||EXPRESS REPORT PHARMACY PRIME VENDOR||$224,726,437|
|McKesson Corporation||2012||Veterans Affairs, Department Of||PHARMACEUTICALS||$224,164,017|
Contractor Misconduct24 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Securities||None||McKesson/HBOC, Inc. Securities Litigation||2005||Settlement||$960,000,000|
|Antitrust||None||Average Wholesale Price (AWP) Lawsuit||2005||Settlement||$350,000,000|
|Antitrust||None||U.S. ex rel. Morgan v. Express Scripts, Inc. (Medicaid Fraud)||2012||Settlement||$341,000,000|
|Antitrust||None||Governmental Entities Average Wholesale Price Litigation||2011||Settlement||$82,000,000|
|Labor||International||McKesson/HBOC Inc. ERISA Litigation||2005||Settlement||$18,200,000|
|Antitrust||None||Connecticut Drug Prices Lawsuit||2008||Settlement||$15,000,000|
|Health||None||Federal Drug Reporting Violations||2008||Settlement||$13,250,000|
|Ethics||None||Caccavale v. McKesson Medical Surgical (Abuse of Process)||2009||Judgment Against Defendant||$11,000,000|
|Antitrust||None||Kentucky Drug Prices Lawsuit||2011||Settlement||$9,840,000|
|Antitrust||None||Oregon Drug Prices Lawsuit||2011||Settlement||$4,300,000|
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Air Products & Chemical, Inc Et Al||McKesson Corporation (+40 others)||2005||Elkton, Md||$24,500,000|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Mc Kesson Corporation (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "McKesson Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Justice 1 person on 1 committee