Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by McGuireWoods LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Smithfield Foods $1,938,000 Anthem Insurance $416,000 Dynavox Technologies $300,000 Universal Leaf Corp $280,000 American Fidelity Assurance $270,000 Automatic Data Processing Inc $260,000 Select Management Resources $240,000 Biocryst Pharmaceuticals $220,000 Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta $207,500 Verizon Communications $205,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.2191 H.R.1108 Grow American Supply Act H.R.2768 H.R.2769 Commercializing Small Business Research and Development Act S.625 Waco Mammoth National Monument Establishment Act of 2009 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.4626 Health Insurance Industry Fair Competition Act H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.384 TARP Reform and Accountability Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McGuireWoods LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for McGuireWoods LLP
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McGuireWoods LLP
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 3 USTR 2009 Annual Competitive Need Limitations (CNL) Waiver Review 2009
- Toggle 2 CPSC Tracking Labels for Children's Products Under Section 103 of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Executive Order 13508, Chesapeake Bay Protection and Restoration, Section 202 Federal Agency Reports on Key Challenges and Section 203 Draft Strategy for Restoration and Protection of the Chesapeake Bay 2009
- Toggle 1 IRS Section 2036- Graduated Retained Interests 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA NSPS/Emission Guidelines (EG) for Sewage Sludge Incinerators 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 1 IRS Definition of Solid Waste Disposal Facilities for Tax-Exempt Bond Purposes 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Action to Ensure Authority of State and Local Air Permit Programs to Regulate All Pollutants Elsewhere Subject to Regulation Under the Clean Air Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Specific Legal and Scientific Requirements be Upheld in the Review of Proposed Generic Copies of Inhalation Products Containing Fluticasone Propionate and/or Salmeterol Xinafoate 2009