McGuire, Woods et al
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with more than 900 attorneys in 19 offices in the United States and Europe.
Campaign Finance$5,295,149 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of McGuire, Woods et al
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Oct. 30, 2013 McGuire, Woods et al Pharmaceutical Quality, Security, and Accountability Act S.957 View registration Oct. 18, 2013 McGuire, Woods et al Health Care Reform View registration Oct. 10, 2013 McGuire, Woods et al Lobby on EB-5 program View registration Oct. 2, 2013 McGuire, Woods et al Health Care Reform; Competitive Bidding of Durable Medical Equipment, Safe Patient Handling, issues related to FDA Tax, Taxation of Medical Technology, R&D Tax Credit View registration Oct. 2, 2013 McGuire, Woods et al Efforts to support submission to EPA for applicability determination for gasifier technology View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 55 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McGuire, Woods et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for McGuire, Woods et al
- Toggle 36 DOT Discovery Airways, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Charter Air Transportation 2006
- Toggle 2 USTR 2009 Annual Competitive Need Limitations (CNL) Waiver Review 2009
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposals, Submissions, and Approvals 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Taxable Medical Devices 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Registration and Product Listing for Owners and Operators of Domestic Tobacco Product Establishments; Availability 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McGuire, Woods et al
- Toggle 185 DOT Discovery Airways, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Charter Air Transportation 2006
- Toggle 96 DOT Application of Discovery Airlines, Inc. and Mr. Philip Ho for a Certificate of Public Convenience 2006
- Toggle 13 DOT Pro Air, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 1996
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 5 FAA Airborne Tactical Advantage Co., LLC v. Peninsula Airport Commission 2006
- Toggle 5 DOT Application of Discovery Airways, Inc. for Emergency Exemption 1995
- Toggle 4 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 4 DOT Sun Express Group, Inc. d/b/a Destination Sun Airways - Certificate - Scheduled Interstate and Overseas Air Transportation 1996
- Toggle 3 USTR 2009 Annual Competitive Need Limitations (CNL) Waiver Review 2009
- Toggle 3 DOT Pro Air, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Scheduled Air Transportation 1996