Campaign Finance$132,065 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of McGraw-Hill Companies
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount McGraw-Hill Companies $3,090,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.74 Financial Oversight Commission Act of 2009 H.R.1181 H.R.1445 Credit Rating Agency Transparency and Disclosure Act S.927 Credit Rating Agency Responsibility Act of 2009 S.1073 RATE Act S.3717 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2549 Municipal Bond Fairness Act
RegulationsMentioned in 43 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "McGraw-Hill Companies" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for McGraw-Hill Companies
- Toggle 2 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA National Advisory Committee for Acute Exposure Guideline Levels (AEGLs) for Hazardous Substances; Proposed AEGL Values; Notice of Availability 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Estuaries and Coastal Waters 2010
- Toggle 2 DOE Rulemaking to Amend 10 CFR Part 1021: National Environmental Policy Act Implementing Procedures 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Residual Risk and Technology Review for Ferroalloys Production 2010
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2009-17 Exemption Individual Retirement Accounts (the IRAs) for Ralph Hartwell, Harold Latin, Kenlon Johnson, Carol Johnson, Shanon Taylor, Michael Ball, Dianne Barkas, Roy Barkas, Harry DeWall, Alice Pike, Steven Larsen, C. Timothy Hopkins, Wayne Meuleman, Robert L. Miller, and Richard T. Scott , D-11536-D-11500 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 1 EBSA Request for Information Regarding Lifetime Income Options for Participants and Beneficiaries in Retirement Plans 2010
- Toggle 1 ED Investing in Innovation--Notice of Proposed Priorities, Requirements, Definitions, and Selection Criteria 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
Advisory Committees2 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "McGraw-Hill Companies" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 3 committees