Mayors Against Illegal Guns
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Mayors Against Illegal Guns
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Mayors Against Illegal Guns $1,450,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.591 Gun Show Loophole Closing Act of 2011 H.R.822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 H.R.1093 Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Reform Act of 2011 S.34 Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2011 S.35 Gun Show Background Check Act of 2011 S.436 Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011 S.570 A bill to prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns. H.R.1506 Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2011 H.R.1781 Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Mayors Against Illegal Guns" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Mayors Against Illegal Guns
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Mayors Against Illegal Guns
- Toggle 5 HHS Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) 2014
- Toggle 2 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule and the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) 2013
- Toggle 2 ATF Definition of Adjudicated as Mental Defective and Committed to a Mental Institution 2014
- Toggle 1 ATF Machine Guns, Destructive Devices and Certain Other Firearms: Background Checks for Responsible Persons of a Corporation, Trust or Other Legal Entity with Respect to Making or Transferring a Firearm 2013
- Toggle 1 FWS Removing the Gray Wolf from the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Maintaining Protections for the Mexican Wolf by Listing It as Endangered 2013