Mayer Brown LLP
Mayer Brown is an international law firm head-quartered in Chicago which specializes in commercial transactions and litigation. The firm employs more than 1,600 lawyers, including approximately 875 in the Americas, 425 in Europe and 300 in Asia.
Campaign Finance$5,354,942 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Mayer Brown LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount US Chamber of Commerce $3,185,000 AT&T Inc $3,183,000 Arkema Inc $1,500,000 Novation $1,015,000 Cellular Telecom & Internet Assn $960,000 Verizon Communications $763,000 Coalition for Patent Fairness $760,000 Motorola Mobility $610,000 Asurion Corp $595,000 Wireless Broadband Coalition $510,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Automotive Industry,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.1843 John Hope Franklin Tulsa-Greenwood Race Riot Claims Accountability Act of 2009 S.988 SIMPLE Cafeteria Plan Act of 2009 H.R.1020 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.1020 To amend the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to include American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands in certain efforts to reduce diesel emissions. S.931 Arbitration Fairness Act of 2009 H.R.3126 Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2011 S.931 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to reform the rules relating to fractional charitable donations of tangible personal property. H.R.1108 Grow American Supply Act H.R.2126 Risk Retention Modernization Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary July 9, 2014 Pershing Square Capital Management, L.P. Issues relating to enforcement of consumer protection laws and securities regulations relating to pyramid schemes View registration July 3, 2014 Vornado/Charles E. Smith L.P. Issues related to the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 77 Procedures View registration July 3, 2014 Monday Properties Services, L.L.C. Issues related to the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 77 procedures View registration June 11, 2014 Monday Propertes Services, L.L.C. Issues related to the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 77 procedures View registration June 11, 2014 Big Bus Tours Issues related to sight-seeing tourism in the United States; H.R. 4450, the Travel Promotion, Enhancement, and Modernization Act of 2014. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 114 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Mayer Brown LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Mayer Brown LLP
- Toggle 3 DOT Aerolineas Baleares - Exemption - Certain Domestic-Spain Segments of US Airways' and Spanair's U.S.-Originating and U.S.-Destined Scheduled Code-Share Flights 2003
- Toggle 3 ITA Proposed Methodology for Implementation of Section 772(c)(2)(B) of the Tariff Act of 1930, As Amended, In Non-Market Economy Antidumping Proceedings; Request for Comment 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 2 DOT US Airways Inc. and Deutsche Lufthansa AG - Statements of Authorization/Exemption - U.S.-Germany Code-Sharing 2003
- Toggle 2 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 2 DOT U.S. Israel Third-Country Codeshare Opportunities 2003
- Toggle 2 DOT Amadeus Global Travel Distribution S.A. - Petition for Interpretation of Computer Reservations Systems Regulations 1999
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Import Eligibility Petitions 2004
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Receipt of Petition from G&K Automotive Conversion, Inc. for Decision that Nonconforming 1997 and 1998 Ferrari 456 GT and GTA Passenger Cars are Eligible for Importation 2002
- Toggle 1 IRS Request for Information for Paul Wellstone and Pete Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Mayer Brown LLP
- Toggle 13 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Water Transfers Rule 2006
- Toggle 8 DOT Maersk Air A/S - Exemption/Statement of Authorization - Codeshare Operations With Continental Airlines, Inc. 2003
- Toggle 8 FDA Abbott requests that FDA Refrain from listing a TE rating for any drug approved under § 505 (b) (2) that references AndroGel unless and until it has conducted a notice-and-comment rulemaking 2011
- Toggle 8 DOT Aerolineas Baleares - Exemption - Certain Domestic-Spain Segments of US Airways' and Spanair's U.S.-Originating and U.S.-Destined Scheduled Code-Share Flights 2003
- Toggle 8 DOT US Airways Inc. and Deutsche Lufthansa AG - Statements of Authorization/Exemption - U.S.-Germany Code-Sharing 2003
- Toggle 6 NHTSA Notice of Receipt of Petition for Decision that Nonconforming 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, Left Hand Drive Passenger Cars Are Eligible for Importation 2003
- Toggle 4 DOT U.S. Israel Third-Country Codeshare Opportunities 2003
- Toggle 4 NHTSA U.S. DOT/NHTSA - Standards Enforcement and Defect Investigation - Defect and Noncompliance Reports - Record Retention - Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2001
- Toggle 4 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 4 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of OMNI Energy Transportation Corp. - Motion for Extension of Time to File Request for Administrative Review 2007
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Mayer Brown LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of Management and Budget 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee