The Matson Navigation Company, a subsidiary of Alexander & Baldwin, is a private shipping company with roots extending into the late 19th century. It is credited with introducing mass tourism to Hawaii with the opening of the Moana Hotel (now known as the Moana Surfrider Hotel) and the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki on the island of Oahu.
Campaign Finance$61,200 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Matson Navigation
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1267 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the application of the tonnage tax on certain vessels. S.57 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the application of the tonnage tax on certain vessels. H.R.1533 Short Sea Shipping Act of 2011 H.R.3173 To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to reform the process for the enrollment, activation, issuance, and renewal of a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) to require, in total, not more than one in-person visit to a designated en
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Matson Navigation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Matson Navigation
- Toggle 13 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Hazardous Materials; Miscellaenous Admendments 2011
- Toggle 1 FMC Ocean Transportation Intermediary License Revocations 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Ocean Transportation Intermediary License Applicants 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Requests for Additional Information 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Incorporation Of Certain Special Permit and Competent Authoritizes Into HPR 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of David B. Kaahaaina, Nancy Kaahaaina, All American LLC and American Hauling LLC - Field Administrator's Submission of Evidence Pursuant to 49 C.F. R. 386.16(a) 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Agreements Filed 2012
- Toggle 1 FMC Agreements Filed 2011