Campaign Finance$750 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of MasterCard International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MasterCard International $6,500,800
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011 S.968 PIPA H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 H.R.5546 (Unknown) H.R.1707 Data Accountability and Trust Act
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "MasterCard International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for MasterCard International
- Toggle 1 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012
- Toggle 1 FTA Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Transit Improvements in the Mid-Coast Corridor of San Diego County, CA 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information on Effective Financial Education 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012