Campaign Finance$468,303 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of MasterCard International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MasterCard International $32,865,800
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.5546 H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2007 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.5546 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 23 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "MasterCard International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for MasterCard International
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for MasterCard International
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards 2008
- Toggle 4 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 3 FISCAL Federal Government Participation in the Automated Clearing House 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 1 DOT Policy Statement Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Practices - Statement of Enforcement Policy Regarding Unfair Exclusionary Conduct 1998
- Toggle 1 FISCAL Management of Federal Agency Disbursements 2009
- Toggle 1 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012
- Toggle 1 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2007
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "MasterCard International" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee