MasterCard Worldwide (NYSE: MA) is an American multinational corporation with its headquarters in the MasterCard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York. Throughout the world, its principal business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card issuing banks or credit unions of the purchasers who use the "MasterCard" brand debit and credit cards to make purchases. MasterCard Worldwide has been a publicly traded company since 2006. Prior to its initial public offering, MasterCard Worldwide was a membership organization owned by the 25,000+ financial institutions that issue its card.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of MasterCard Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount MasterCard International $3,030,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Computers & Information Tech
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1408 Data Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1535 Personal Data Protection and Breach Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.5546 S.968 PIPA H.R.1707 Data Accountability and Trust Act H.R.1841 Data Accountability and Trust Act (DATA) of 2011 H.R.3156 Consumer Debit Card Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 128 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "MasterCard Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for MasterCard Inc
- Toggle 1 FSOC Authority To Designate Financial Market Utilities as Systemically Important 2011
- Toggle 1 FINCEN Amendment to the Bank Secrecy Act Regulations – Definition of “Monetary Instrument” 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Fund Transfers 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for MasterCard Inc
- Toggle 21 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012
- Toggle 17 ACF Temporary Assistance to Needy Families: Assistance and Electronic Benefit Transfer Transactions; Request for Public Comment 2012
- Toggle 11 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Healthcare Professional Survey of Prescription Drug Promotion 2012
- Toggle 11 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 11 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 9 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2012
- Toggle 8 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2011
- Toggle 6 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 5 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 4 CFPB Impacts of overdraft programs on consumers 2012