Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
Founded in 1851, Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) is a leading mutual life insurance company that is run for the benefit of its members and participating policyholders. The company has a long history of financial strength and strong performance, and although dividends are not guaranteed, MassMutual has paid dividends to eligible participating policyholders every year since the 1860s.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance $6,220,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.1961 Savings for American Families' Future Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 S.401 Defined Contribution Fee Disclosure Act of 2009 H.R.1984 401(k) Fair Disclosure for Retirement Security Act of 2009 H.R.2779 Defined Contribution Plan Fee Transparency Act of 2009 H.R.4742 SAVE Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.1988 Conflicted Investment Advice Prohibition Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 5 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance
- Toggle 1 SEC MML Series Investment Fund, et al.; Notice of Application 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Confirmatory Order; Paducah Gaseous Enrichment Plant 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Indexed Annuities and Certain Other Insurance Contracts 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Political Contributions by Certain Investment Adviser 2010
- Toggle 1 FSOC Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Authority to Require Supervision and Regulation of Certain Nonbank Financial Companies 2010