Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
The Mashantucket Pequot are a small Native American tribal nation of the Algonquian language community in the state of Connecticut. Within the tribe's Reservation, in 41°27′58″N 71°58′28″W / 41.46611°N 71.97444°W / 41.46611; -71.97444 Ledyard, New London County, Connecticut, the Mashantucket Pequot operate Foxwoods Resort Casino, the world's largest resort casino, in terms of gaming space and number of slot machines, and one of the most successful economically. The tribe achieved federal recognition by an act of Congress in 1983, the eighth tribal nation to have gained recognition through the political process. Membership is based on proven descent from tribal members listed in the 1900 Census.
Campaign Finance$3,004,669 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1328 Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2007 S.1200 Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2007 S.2457
RegulationsMentioned in 12 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
- Toggle 2 FEMA Major Disaster and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of a Disaster Declaration; Emergency and Related Determinations; Amendment No. X to Notice of an Emergency Declaration 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA State and Tribal 8-Hour Ozone Air Quality Designation Recommendations 2003
- Toggle 2 APHIS Availability of a Draft Environmental Assessment for Oral Rabies Vaccine Program 2009
- Toggle 1 American Indian Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; Notice of Tribal Consultation and request for comments 2013
- Toggle 1 BIA 25 CFR 162 - Leases & Permits 2011
- Toggle 1 Solicitation for Comments Regarding Procedures for Declaration Requests from Tribal Governments 2013
- Toggle 1 ED Investing in Innovation Fund -- Revisions to Priorities, Requirements, and Selection Criteria 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Lead Standards 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: New York Stock Exchange LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
Federal Spending2 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation||2010||Indian Health Service||SDDB||$1,352,673|
|Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation||2012||Indian Health Service||SELF-GOVERNANCE||$1,192,624|
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 1 committee