LyondellBasell Industries (NYSE: LYB) is a public multinational chemical company based in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It was formed in December 2007 by the acquisition of Lyondell Chemical Company (the third-largest independent, US-based chemicals company) by Basell Polyolefins for $12.7 billion. LyondellBasell was listed on the New York Stock Exchange on October 14, 2010 (NYSE: LYB and NYSE: LYB.B). Lyondell had been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange (formerly NYSE: LYO) after the acquisition. LyondellBasell is headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and has its corporate center at 1 Houston Center in Houston, Texas.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Lyondell Chemical
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Lyondell Chemical $2,110,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Chemical Industry,
- Homeland Security,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.461 Polluter Pays Restoration Act H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011 H.R.908 Full Implementation of the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Act S.473 Continuing Chemical Facilities Antiterrorism Security Act of 2011 S.709 Secure Chemical Facilities Act S.301 A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to make technical and minor modifications to the positive train control requirements under chapter 201. S.530 A bill to modify certain subsidies for ethanol production, and for other purposes. S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Lyondell Chemical" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Lyondell Chemical
- Toggle 10 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 4 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Petition #1E7946; 2-methyl-1,3-propanediol (CAS Reg. No. 2163-42-0) for an exemption under 40 CFR 180.940 2012
- Toggle 3 Approval of Santa Barbara Rule 339, submitted Oct. 20 2008; Ventura County Rule 74.19, submitted Sept. 27, 2011; Antelope valley Rule 1151, submitted Sept. 21, 2012; Ventura County Rule 74.18, submitted on March 17, 2009 and South Coast Rule 1151, submitted April 6, 2009. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval of NS Rule 228, Submitted September 27, 2011, SD Rule 66.1, Submitted July 20, 2010, MD Rule 1116, Submitted on April 5, 2011 and SM Rule 459, Submitted on February 23, 2012. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Sixty-Ninth Report of the TSCA Interagency Testing Committee to the Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA NESHAP for Primary Aluminum Production Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval of Sacramento Metro AQMD Rule 101, General Provisions and Definitions, submitted February 23, 2012 2012
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Notice of Delays in Processing of Special Permits Applications 2011