LyondellBasell Industries (NYSE: LYB) is a public multinational chemical company based in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It was formed in December 2007 by the acquisition of Lyondell Chemical Company (the third-largest independent, US-based chemicals company) by Basell Polyolefins for $12.7 billion. LyondellBasell was listed on the New York Stock Exchange on October 14, 2010 (NYSE: LYB and NYSE: LYB.B). Lyondell had been delisted from the New York Stock Exchange (formerly NYSE: LYO) after the acquisition. LyondellBasell is headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and has its corporate center at 1 Houston Center in Houston, Texas.
Campaign Finance$2,172,032 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Lyondell Chemical
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Lyondell Chemical $22,222,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Chemical Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 S.146 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.594 Save Our Climate Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.2998 American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009 H.R.1787 Low Carbon Fuel Standard Act of 2009 H.R.1862 Cap and Dividend Act of 2009 S.461 Polluter Pays Restoration Act
RegulationsMentioned in 417 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Lyondell Chemical" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Lyondell Chemical
- Toggle 1 USCG Maritime Security 2002
- Toggle 1 FDA International Drug Scheduling; Convention on Psychotropic Substances; Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs; Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB); Ketamine; Dextromethorphan; N-benzylpiperazine (BZP); 1-(3-trifluoromethylphenyl)piperazine (TFMPP); 1-(3-chlorophenyl)piperazine (mCPP); 1-(4-Methoxyphenyl)piperazine (MeOPP); 1-(3,4-methylenedioxybenzyl)piperazine (MDBP); Gamma-butyrolactone; 1,4-Butanediol 2008
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Reducing the Risk of Hazardous Materials Incidents During Load and Unload Operations - Notice of Public Workshop 2007
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Sun Company, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation of Class DOT 113 Tank Cars Transporting Liquid Ethylene 1998
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Lyondell Chemical
- Toggle 21 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone 2005
- Toggle 17 EPA Revision to Definition of Volatile Organic Compound - Exclusion of Tertiary Butyl Acetate 2003
- Toggle 16 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Final Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Hazardous Waste Combustors (Phase I Final Replacement Standards and Phase II) 2004
- Toggle 16 EPA National Perchloroethylene Air Emission Standards for Dry Cleaning Facilities 2005
- Toggle 13 EPA In Vitro Dermal Absorption Rate Testing of Certain Chemicals of Interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 2003
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Pacific Bio-Materials Management, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Infectious Substances in a Large Capacity Liquid Nitrogen Freezer 2005
- Toggle 12 EPA Oil Pollution Prevention; Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Rule Requirements - Amendments 2007
- Toggle 11 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 10 PHMSA American Promotional Events, Inc. - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Certain Fireworks in Non-DOT Specification Packagings 2005
- Toggle 10 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Group IV Polymers and Resins, Pesticide Active Ingredient Production, and Polyether Polyols Production Risk and Technology Review 2011
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Turtle Bayou (Aka Petro Chemical)||Lyondell Chemical (+2 others)||2007||Liberty, Tx||$20,300,000|
|Lyondell Chemical Company, Inc. Et Al. (Nc)||Lyondell Chemical Company, Inc. (+4 others)||2010||Newark, Nj||$19,616,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Lyondell Chemical" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee